One of the hottest tickets at the annual Canadian Music Week shindig is the Canadian Radio Music Awards and this year's slate of contenders and performers is announced. If you haven't registered yet, get that credit card out now and get ready to rock with a roomful of broadcasters with a lot on their plates.
Work Hard, Have Fun, Join Amazon
Thirty-two million people attend music festivals in the United States each year. Amazon wants to dramatically improve their festival experience through our signature focus on innovating on behalf of our customers. The Senior Program Manager, Music will take an idea – to have a physical festival presence with on-site food and product delivery, custom tour merchandise for purchase, artist meet and greets, and convenience amenities such as free Wi-Fi, water, charging stations, and restrooms – and bring it to life. If you are passionate about the role of music in our everyday lives, surprising and delighting customers, creating unique and memorable events, and making something out of nothing, this is the role for you.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter comfortable with ambiguity and data-driven, fast-paced environments. You must be able to seamlessly pivot between big picture strategic thinking and scrappy, on-the-ground, tactical execution. This role is inherently cross-functional and you will rely heavily on influence over authority to drive project deliverables. Communication and persuasion skills will be key as you will need to convince both internal and external parties to lean in and partner.
Key responsibilities will include gathering business requirements, documenting functional and design specifications, identifying appropriate resources needed, and developing the milestones and launch schedule to ensure timely and successful delivery of the initial pilot project. The Senior Program Manager will assess and manage risks, measure and report on progress, anticipate and resolve bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance the business needs with the technical constraints.
· Bachelor’s degree
· 5+ years relevant business experience (product/program/project management, retail buying, marketing, or management consulting)
· Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to influence others internally and externally
· Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive actions
· MBA or Master’s degree in relevant field
· 7+ years of experience
· Experience communicating with technical and non-technical stakeholders across multiple business units
· High level of comfort communicating effectively across internal and external organizations
· Extensive experience in product, program, and/or project management in leading cross-functional teams in delivery of major new products or services.--
Other articles published this day
News about media and the regulatory environment both inside and beyond Canada's borders.
One of the biggest Canadian bands of the ‘90s revisited their biggest songs of that era at a hometown Winnipeg show last year. On April 7, the results will surface on their first official live album, Live And In Stereo.
New inductees into a US Personal Managers Hall of Fame include impresarios living and dead who held persuasive roles in the formative careers of the Beatles, David Foster, Neil Young, Joni Mitchell and Bob Dylan.