The Much Music Video Awards was a big event. Just how big is now a matter of record as cable channel owner Bell Media released a stack of impressionable data about the shindig at the MUCH headquarters on Queen Street West in Toronto on June 21. In fact, the 2015 show co-hosted by Ed Sheeran notched up 2 billion social impressions.
Additional highlights for the 2015 MMVAs:
- In total, the live broadcast of the 2015 MMVAs reached more than 3.2 million Canadians on MUCH, CTV, CTV Two, MTV, M3, and MTV2, delivering an average TV audience of 785,000
- With encore broadcasts included, the 2015 MMVAs have an accumulated TV audience of 1.4 million viewers and reach of 4.4 million viewers
- During the live TV broadcast, the 2015 MMVAs was the most-watched program on television among the network’s key A18-34, A18-49, F18-34, F18-49, F25-54, P12-34, and teen demos
- The 2015 MMVAs is now the top TV broadcast this year to-date on MUCH
- Online, there were more than 155,000 video starts of MMVA content, with almost 28,000 hours of viewing alone on June 21 on Much.com
- Among 2015 Bell Media livestream events the 2015 MMVAs was the #2 most-streamed event of the year behind the Oscars
- With interactions on Facebook, Twitter, Vine, Tumblr, Instagram, Snapchat and Periscope, MMVA fans interacted like never before, chalking up 2 billion social impressions
- On Twitter, 11 MMVA-related topics trended in Canada, while #MMVAs actually trended around the world during the live event.