She may not be a household name but Chelsea Amber has won close to 20 ECMA Awards and earned a Juno nomination since launching her career with the album New Beginnings in 2007.
The Bermudan-born gospel singer now living in Vancouver has just found out she’s up for a staggering nine nominations in the 2020 Gospel Music Association of Canada’s Covenant Awards, largely based on the strengths of her 2018 independently-released album, Face the Waves.
Is she surprised by the number of nominations?
You bet! Posting on Facebook (with the accompanying picture), she writes: “Yesterday I found out that I’ve been nominated in 9 categories for the 2020 GMA Canada Covenant Awards! I’m seriously blown away. We didn’t know how the album was going to do because we decided to take some creative risks. To see the Canada-wide support amazes me. I am thankful to be part of such an incredible community that loves Jesus AND encourages creativity. To God be the glory!
“I was asked which categories the nominations were for, so here they are:
- Artist of the Year
- Album of the Year
- Female Vocalist of the Year
- Video of the Year: “Face the Waves (LIVE) feat MEI Schools Screaming Eagles Marching Band
- Pop/Rock Album of the Year
- Pop Song of the Year: “Like Grace” (co-written with Paul Colman)
- Urban Song of the Year: “Mosaic” (co-written with Nate Savage)
- Jazz/Blues Song of the Year: “Love Letter” (co-written with Meaghan Smith)
- Praise & Worship Song of the Year: “Beautiful Mystery” (co-written with Fraser Campbell Music)
— Watch more of Chelsea Amber on YouTube.